In honor of T.J.’s 271st birthday on April 13th, I have compiled together some of the more interesting quotes and anecdotes I have encountered during my pursuit to understand this Sage of Monticello.
About Paul L. Knight
Inquiries in art, architecture, city planning, and astronomy. Learn more
- Twenty-Five Facts About Sir Edwin Lutyens
- I just finished reading Elizabeth Wilhide’s book Sir Edwin Lutyens: Designing in the English Tradition. The book serves as a good summary of the works and quirks that would come to define Lutyens’s career as one of Britain’s greatest architects. As I never read a book without marking it up with notes, I have assembled […] Read more – ‘Twenty-Five Facts About Sir Edwin Lutyens’.
- Time-Lapse Diagrams of Savannah, Georgia
- As posted on MasterStreetPlan.com, I developed these diagrams for a project I am working on at Historical Concepts to help illustrate how Savannah grew over time. A period of urban development measured in hundreds of years can be glimpsed in just a few 3-second frames. Read more – ‘Time-Lapse Diagrams of Savannah, Georgia’.
- Photographing Jupiter’s Galilean Moons
- This photograph was taken with a Nikon D7000 and Nikkor 18-200mm lens; no tripods or telescopes were involved. While leaning against the side of my house, I took a series of hand-held shots. This one was the steadiest of the group; it must have been shot between heartbeats. Minimal post-processing was done in Photoshop. Galileo […] Read more – ‘Photographing Jupiter’s Galilean Moons’.